Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Image control on a form??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjayhome

Technical User
Dec 13, 2001
US
Hello all,

How do I get a image control on a form to display the photo of each client from a table. I have created a field in the table which has a hyperlink to the image for each client. But I can't get it to display on the form as I browse through the records. I have tried an image control and a bound control on the form, but with no luck. What am I doing wrong? Can some one please help???

Many thanks!! :)

Jay

Hi,

Here is what I have done in the past.

Firstly add to your table an OLE Object field.
Name this eg. Picture

On your forms design view, drag the field Picture to the form. Now go to normal view and right click the object frame you created and choose insert object. This will bring up a list of applications for you to get your image...I chose Photoshop then navigate to your file and add it to the image.

Choose close and return to form and bingo.

You may find you need to choose Stretch or Zoom in size mode in design view of your new image.

HTH

petrosky
Remember- It's nice to be important,
but it's important to be nice :)

Thank you petrosky!

I got it to work the way you descibed. Excellent!!!!

Jay :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back