Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Image Component "Loses" Transparent Property

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chorleiter

Programmer
Dec 27, 2004
US
Some of my Image components lose their transparent property when my application is run on a different computer. For example, I have a small pie chart drawn on a square image component whose transparent property is set to True, allowing the underlying objects show through. Works fine on most computers, but on certain computers the square image component becomes opaque and blocks the underlying objects. Very unprofessional looking.

The transparency property is only available on certain OS, namely W2K and XP. Did you install these on machines with older Windows or that have the transparency option turned off?

James P. Cottingham
-----------------------------------------
[sup]To determine how long it will take to write and debug a program, take your best estimate, multiply that by two, add one, and convert to the next higher units.[/sup]

The "problem" computers are both XP platforms; one is a Sony Vaio and the other an HP Desktop. I was unaware of a transparency option in an operating system. Is this something I can check easily (I hope!)?

Steve

I'll check. It seems to me that it was a registry option but I can't remember for certain.

James P. Cottingham
-----------------------------------------
[sup]To determine how long it will take to write and debug a program, take your best estimate, multiply that by two, add one, and convert to the next higher units.[/sup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back