Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Image background in an asp.net treeview control

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcosB

Programmer
Sep 4, 2002
UY
Does anybody knows how to put an image as the background of an asp.net treeview control.
The problem is that when I couldn't find the way to put the image in the whole tree ( when there are nodes in the tree the image is not displayed in the place occupied by them).

Please...
Help me!!

Thanks...

Well, one option you could try (we do this trick with labels and textboxes, but not yet with a treeview...might work though) is to place the image on the page using an image control, then place the tree view over top of the image. To do this, just place the treeview on the page, select it, then try and move it using the arrow keys so its overtopt he image.

Most controls (possibly all controls, never looked at them all) have a Z-Index. From what we've experienced, the Z-Index says what layer the control sits on (i.e. height is vertical, width is horizontal, z is depth). If the above way doesn't work, you could try and do the same thing, but make the tree view's Z-Index higher than the images.

hth

D'Arcy

Thank you very much, for spending your time answering my question.
I tried what you said but it doesn't work, I also tried referencing a CSS to the control but doesn't work either.

Anyway, don't worry because I just give up and I continue without a background image. Instead I put a background color.

Bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back