Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Image a BCM 4.0 HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyfall

Technical User
Jan 18, 2006
CA
Hi pros,

Has anyone ever successfully used ghost to make a new BCM 4.0 Hard drive using the 3 CDs came with the 4.0? Does the parameters for 3.7 image still works for 4.0?

Like to hear your achivements.

Thanks.

Always learn from someone, something and somewhere......
Michael C

Hi jcoomans, as we discussed above, we should not get unique code to use BIT from Nortel support anymore, be able to generate right on the web.
But I have not tried it yet.

MC

I have an image of every BCM version and I used acronis true image. I have restored the image to new drives and works fine. The BIT tool seems like too much hassle.

Just buy a USB to IDE/SATA controller, they are $20 and plug it into your laptop.

That is something new, once get a chance see how does it work. Thanks GT, good to know.

MC

Hello all,

I'm about to try to image a new 80GB hard drive using Norton Ghost 14.0 in the interest of saving time (not having to order Nortel's BIT).

What I'm wondering though, is if there are specific files/directories that can be copied from the old HD in order to save the Vmail setup & recordings. Any ideas?

I should'a mentioned this is a BCM 400 3.7

I have no idea how to copy the vm files to a new HDD, never done that before, because always schedule a backup for customer.

Always learn from someone, something or somewhere......

MC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back