Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IMA service stops

Status
Not open for further replies.

harjitgill

IS-IT--Management
Jul 11, 2003
GB
Hi Everyone,

I have two citrix servers and one of them keeps stopping the IMA service. I have put the patch from citrix on and this has done nothing. I would like to know if anybody has/had the same problem as me and what the fix is. Thanks

I had the exact same issue when I went from XPe FR1 to Fr2. Even Citrix was stumped. There is a known issue with Win 2K SP3 and FR2 with a memory leak with the IMA service. I found nothing to fix this and really didnt want to rebuild my boxes. So here is my fix and hope in someway it helps.

Create 2 bat files (I called mine ima and ima2)
Ima.bat = kill imasrv (kills the ima service)
ima2.bat = net start "imaservice" (restarts the ima service)
Place them locally on the citrix boxes and run a scheduled job to run 1/2 hr before the normal effected time. My problem always occurred around 4 - 4:30 so the scheduled job Ima.bat runs at 3:30 every day, Ima2.bat runs at 3:31.

I havent had a problem since. Good luck and keep me posted if this helps

Create 2 bat files (I called mine ima and ima2)
Ima.bat = kill imasrv (kills the ima service)
ima2.bat = net start "imaservice" (restarts the ima service)

NO!

IMA Stop = net stop "imaservice"
IMA Stop = net start "imaservice"

Better to Stop than KILL.

Same routine though safer

Hello All,

Thanks for the info for the batch files and I have tried it and it is working okay for me so far. I will keep you posted if it does not.

Many thanks

Net stop does not always work, kill usually does even on a hung service. Especially running as System being called from an AT script.

When the IMA service stops allowing connections...stopping the service wont work..been there done that. You have to use kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back