Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I'm locked out

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMan2478

MIS
Jan 20, 2003
GB
I have recently created a simple contact management database. I was in the final stages of putting the DB together when I made a bit of a blunder. I created a number of users and locked these down and in doing so have also locked down my admin rights! I'm v. new to Access so imagine it's prob a laughable error to all you pros. Any ideas greatfully received.

Hi GMan2478, I appear to be having a very similar problem. Do you have multiple users using your DB? I do, if all other istances of the DB are closed this problem vanishes. However if not then Access claims that another machine has the Admin. rights. Remedy anyone?

TIA

Aron

Sounds like 2 separate problems.

GMan2478, just hold down the shift key while starting Access and you will be in as an admin, and you can restore your rights.

aronw, you need to set Access as well as the database permissions in the file itself not to Open Exclusive. Make sure all your users have appropriate rights, and that they can't Open Exclusive. Newposter
"Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back