Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IM Employee integration w/ HR 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgenne

IS-IT--Management
Oct 8, 2002
US
Hello,
I'm running GP 7.5 and IM 7.05 and trying to create an integration to transition newly hired employees from our POS system into GP. I have the HR module installed and when I test a simple .csv file integration with only one line I get:
Doc 1 Error: Do you want to save these changes in History
Doc 1 Error: Would you like to create a requisition for the SERVER position in the SERVER department

I'm guessing these are related to the HR module and I was hoping there was a way around them other than running the integration on a machine without the HR module installed.
Is there a way to have IM ignore certain messages, or netter yet not have them appear at all?
Any thoughts? Thanks.
Douglas Genné

I think you are better off running the integration from a machine without HR installed, or you might try to disable the HR module while running the integration, under Tools\Customization Status. HR is still treated as a third party product although it was purchased from the third party developer several years ago.

Well I've messed around with it and not gotten any where other than removing the HR package to make it work. Or course, since it is our Payroll department's job to do this and they are required to have the HR module installed it makes this solution untenable. I have resorted to asking GP tech support for which they will no doubt charge me and give me the answer that the only solution is to remove the HR package. If, by chance they come up with something better, I will post it here.
Doug

Have you thought about creating two launch files. One with HR installed and one without? And just have the HR people log into the one w/out when they need to integrgate. The reason why you need to not use HR is because even they use the the "same" Employee Maint window and such it is a 3rd party product

Forgive my last sentence, I hit enter by mistake. What I was trying to say is that when ever you are integrating employee info, the integration manager needs to look at the canned Employee Maintenance window, and when the HR 3rd party product is installed it uses that same window and changes the code behind it, thus making the Integrations error out. Now if in the future you want to integrate other payroll or benefit info without employee info you will not have to go use a seperate launch file. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back