Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I'm a bit disappointed with 4.2 pre-release notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddrib

Programmer
Nov 8, 2006
I love work with IP Office and I think is a great product but after a while the new releases ain't so exited anymore.
The whole VoIP and Unified Communication things opens a lot of avenues for developers and 3rd parties devices but Avaya in some ways is binded with something that looks quite archaic like Phone Manager (not user friendly at all) and also not supporting SIP endpoint, Video, FoIP end etc.
I really though that after the release of IP500 with more powerful resources this sort of things would flow better but in fact isn't. My point is, the new Voicemail Web interface seems pretty good but I was expecting something similar on version 4.0 not 4.2, maybe the whole disappointment is because most of the features seem on version 4.2 is been expected for long, long time much before version 4.0 became available and now it doesn't look as good as it should because is already behind the time.

Please post your comments, I think after read the 4.2 release notes I need some positive injection from others... and has no better place than here to see all sort of comments and reactions... but no matter what I still love IP Office.

If someone is interested see link below with 4.2 product Update that I just received from Avaya.

Dario Ribeiro

Release 5.0 seems to be the one to wait for : early next year?

hehe

anyone got any info on this SBCC thing that is to replace CCC?

ACA Implement: IP Office | Convergence+ |

Not really, the release date has been changed from "with 4.2" to "maybe at the end of this year".

This is what I'm talking about!!! How many people are on the development team? 2 or 3??

4.2 has some great enhancements for the IP Office. The mobility and the one-x mobile client allows you to keep call control on from your cell phone. This is a high end feature that comes at an affordable price for small business. Also the SBCC is a web based call center application that will work accross the network. This is a great release and I have been running it in my office for several months. Avaya has made huge strides on the qualtiy of the software being released GA. R5 has some really good stuff comming. Stay tuned

Avaya has made huge strides on the qualtiy of the software being released GA."

agreed, but i would expect the quality of GA stuff to be as close to perfection as reasonable, 4.0 was a shambles, 4.1 made good inmprovements in stability, hopefully 4.2 builds on that with some nice new features thrown in too.

i guess what i am trying to say is although you are right in the strides being made, they only look huge because they improve on something that was quite a low standard to begin with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back