Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

illustrator files in corel 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
can anyone give me advice about bringing illustrator images into corel draw . I ask this question becuase my illustrations that I do in Illustrator are then sent somewhere else[ via floppy} but they only use corel , ,SO would a PDF file be ok Or should I be exporting the file from illustrator as a jpeg please help if you can thanks its URGENT OF COURSE?>>>>

I use both CorelDraw V10 and Illustrator 9.0. I swap files back and forth between the two with no major issues. I think all that would matter would be font issues (better to create outlines on the fonts) and what version of either software is being used. You could be safe in saving your Illustrator files in version 7 so that they will easily import into CorelDraw.

The first response is good. I echo the ability to swap between Draw 10 and Illustrator 8. However, if they are using Draw9 or below, they may have problems. I have always had problems with Illustrtor files, both exporting and importing in all versions before Draw10. If they don't have 10, you may urge them to upgrade. And, yes, I always save to Illustrator version 7 for Illustrator and Draw users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back