Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Illustrator.exe stuck freeze..help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ot03

Technical User
May 30, 2003
GB
Hi,

Windows XP
Adobe Illustrator 10.0

When I load up Illustrator from my All Programs list it loads up all the fonts and zips straight through them. However when it gets to illustrator.exe it stays on it for ages and it doesn’t load up. I leave it for about 30 minuets to a whole hour and it doesn’t get past Illustrator.exe. I uninstalled it then installed but the problem is still there. It was working fine for about 3-4 months but now this happens. Any ideas why this happens and how can I fix it. (I don’t think it’s the shortcut in all programs because I tried it from different locations and shortcuts and it still happens)

Thanks

Can anyone put me in the right direction ?

I am having the same problem... I haven't found out how to fix it yet...ARG
It is realllllllllllllly ticking me off!

I fixed mine... after a YEAR of trying!!!!
It was getting stuck in the splash screen on : scanning for plug-ins... illustrator.exe

Here is how I fixed it... It was all about the color settings:
1. Remove the Illustrator 10 plug-ins folder.....
2. Start Illustrator (It should start now.. maybe with a plug-ins error message)
3. Go to Edit--> Color Settings
4. I dont know if this is what fixed it... but then I selected "Color Management Off"
5. Restarted Illustrator... it worked.
6. Restarted my computer
7. Opened Illustrator.... Looked in the Color Settings again....
8. Now it says Settings: Custom Monitor RGB-sRGB IEC61966-2.1 but "advanced mode" isn't checked
9. Color Management policies: RGB: off CMYK: off

That's how I did it... I really hope it is fixed for good... i have restarted once... and it worked.. so yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back