Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Illustrator ended unexpectedly Help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

playcorp

Technical User
Nov 30, 2003
AU
I saved some files in Illustrator CS2 a day ago and now cannot open the files, this message keeps appearing "Can't open illustration, Illustration ended unexpectedly, S, U, 90XW, U, 90XW". I have no idea what that code means and when I click ok my file opens but all the objects are missing. If anyone knows what this means, I would greatly appreciate any advise.

What it means I don't know, but you'll probably be able to get rid of it by deleting the AIPrefs file.

If you still get a blank file after deleting AIPrefs create a new document and place the original file on it. There are other fixes around so there's still hope for your files.

I have already deleted the Aiprefs and it did not work, when I open the file lots of the objects are missing, they don't copy and paste into a new doc either, really think it's corrupted, although I can see it in the open preview but have tried opening in PS and Indesign and nothing, think it's gone forever. Thanks anyway

If you don't find the answer in this forum try Adobe's User to User for AI Windows because I've seen many posts regarding corrupt files and many solutions for saving your work.

Thanks, will do, can you let me know the web address.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back