Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Illustrator CS with millenium

Status
Not open for further replies.

cufevi

Technical User
Mar 4, 2002
US
Hey folks,
I'm looking to get the new Illustrator CS for a pc but I've been told that it will only work on Windows 2000 and windows XP and I wondered whether or not this information was true as I really don't want to use XP. I'm running windows ME.
Thanks.

You've been told right. Why did you not just go to the adobe site and find out yourself?

Moe: It could have been a real ugly situation, but luckily I managed to shoot him in the spine.

I went directly to the Adobe site and the minimum requirements are indeed Windows XP or windows 2000 but these are the same minimum requirements as Corel Painter 8 which I'm using without problems on Millenium so I came here to find out from anyone who might have actually used the program on Millenium. Thanks anyway.

And yes, I meant Millennium and not Millenium.

Didn't mean to sound abrupt. Yeesss... it may, but like all applications, to say that the minimum requrements are ... so and so, does not mean that they will not run, just that the app was designed with these in mind.
If you don't get a reply to your query, and don't want to pay for a rather expensive experiment, go for one of the earlier versions that can run in ME(or upgrade your OS!).
good luck.

Moe: It could have been a real ugly situation, but luckily I managed to shoot him in the spine.

Thanks Barehug,
looks like I may have to actually bite the bullet and upgrade my OS.

Or, of course, you could download the tryout from the Adobe site and try it out on your PC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back