Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Illustrator CS and text on curve 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katwoman2

Technical User
Feb 21, 2005
CA
I have been having a problem in Illustrator CS and text following a circle.
Problem is first when I use the text tool and click on the circle I want it to follow and then centre the text it goes to the bottom rather than the top, so to get it to the top for now I've had to rotate is 180 degrees...

Second problem is if I use the baseline shift tool and bring the text inside the cirle to text starts to fan out rather than nicely going around the circle inside, to fix we have to play with the tracking to space out the letters from over lapping...

Anyone come across those problems and know how to fix my problem???

Thanks

Place the cursor where you want the text to start. Use the direct select tool to select the type object. When moving hold down the Command key for mac or Control key for windows to prevent flips.

To placee inside path, select type object & go to Type menu/Type On Path/Options. Select Align to Path - Ascender.

Still have to play with the tracking and baseline shift to space the letters out nicely, still also rotating type 180 degrees to get type to go on bottom protion of circle not like in previous Illustrators the type followed the circle nicely...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back