Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I'll pay! Datagrid scroll problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bojangles

Programmer
May 27, 2000
I am using Vb6, SP5, Access 2000. In my datagrid, when I have just added the row that "fills" it, the vertical scroll bar will not activate and there is no way to get down to the ADDNEW ROW.

I have tried making the scroll "automatic", then making it a "vertical." Nothing works.

Now if I Tab the unseen cursor all the way through the unseen "NEWROW", then I get error 6148 (Invalid row number) and THEN upon running the program again, the scroll behaves as it should! Of course having to do that will blow the users mind.

What can I do to make the scroll behave correctly to BEGIN with? In other words, what must I do to make the scroll activate when the grid becomes "full?"

Thanks,
Bojangles

I set mine at design time to (2-flexScrollBarVertical) and it works fine.

You can also add this line to the event in which you add an item to the grid and it will advance the grid so the user will always see the line that was just added. (As someone in this forum was kind enough to point out to me. Wish I could remember whom it was, but I can't)

"flexDA.TopRow = flexDA.Rows - 1"

Hope this is what you wanted. Rob
Just my $.02.

Thank you so much for responding Rob. But it sounds as though you are using a FLEXGrid. I am using a DATAgrid. But listen, anything you can tell me that would help would be MOST appreciated.
Thanks again.

Sorry dude. I haven't been programming but about 1-1/2 years. Haven't had occasion to make it to the Datagrid yet. You are correct, I'm using the MSHFlexGrid. Don't know anything about the DataGrid. Sorry ;-(

Rob
Just my $.02.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back