Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ikon on CD drive on PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

alice20

Programmer
Jun 27, 2001
GB
Hello,

Does anyone know how to get an image or logo to appear on the CD drive on a PC when a CDRom is put in the machine?

Is it just a simple bit of coding on the autorun file?

Thanks

Emily

Yes, just on another line in your autorun.inf, write ICON=x.ico. x being the name of the icon file you will use of course.

Thanks very much.

Does it mayyer what type of file it is, should it be a bitmap?

i tried a gif in the past and that did not work out for me. Yet it worked when i created a icon file. There are many cheap and free icon file editors that allow you to create an icon file. i do not know about a bitmap; my guess is that it won't work.

I did a search for ikon editors on the internet and couldn't find one (sure I'm missing something) could you recommend any?

Thanks

Emily

was spelling icon wrong, found Axialis trial and this does the job......... thanks

Try irfanview - highly recc and freeware; can convert any image file (jpg, gif, png, tiff etc) to .ico file, also does batch conversions

Also can have ICON=x.exe and link to exe file and this exe icon will be CD icon when CD inserted

I find much better than axialis

[autorun]
open = filename.exe
icon = filename.exe, 1

if you write this the icon will appear

greetings
Antony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back