Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIS5.0/ASP permision problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

efrost2

Programmer
Jul 18, 2001
US
Hi
I am trying to use MS Word as an automation server from ASP

Set oWord = Server.CreateObject(Word.Application")
Set oTemplate = oWord.Documents.Add &quot;<filepath and name>&quot;

From what I can find on MSDN since I am accessing IIS under IUSR_<machine> I am having permission problems.
However, when I look at the running processes I see an instance of winword.exe for each time I tried to run the script. Also when I try to 'end' the process I get an access denied error. How do I change the permissions for IUSR_<machine> to allow it run Word successfully.
This exact script works fine under win98/PWS.
Thanks
John.

Huumm, from the IUSR_<machine> you should have full control.
Maybe is the SYSTEM that's not present, or not in FULL CONTROL, and because permissions are localized, it's difficult to know where to look for.

Have you applied any security patches and/or SP's?

Do you have any Anti-Virus software like Norton Anti-Virus, with Script Blocking enabled, that might be catching your scripts?

NightWatcher

Sounds to me like Word is starting but it can't access the Word document you are trying to open. You can add the IUSR_machinename account to the security permissions on the folder where the document is stored and see if you have any luck that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back