Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIS4 and SSL 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbr501

IS-IT--Management
Feb 19, 2001
US
We just setup a secure page on our webserver and purchased a global secure certificate from Verisign. In MMC, when I make that page secure, it automatically prompts the user from their browsers to enter the url with HTTPS:// as a prefix to the url.

Is there a way to have IIS automatically map to the secure page behind the scene so that the user can just enter the page without entering the For example, I want to tell my users to go to the url but really IIS would then automatically point them to the secure page: Is this possible without having to tell them to prefix the url with
Thanks

select properties of the html file (within IIS) and under the FILE tab, you will see a redirection to a URL radio button.

Or, create a page at the non-secure URL and set it's META tag to redirect them to the secure version.

In ASP code, it's done like:
[tab][tt]Response.Redirect "./MyNewPage.asp[/tt]

In ordinary HTML it's done like:
[tab][tt]<meta http-equiv=&quot;refresh&quot; content=&quot;0; url=MyNewPage.htm&quot;> [/tt]

Chip H.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back