Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIS Websites unable to access from the webserver

Status
Not open for further replies.

starwars

Technical User
Dec 17, 2001
GB
Hi

I have 3 websites set up in iis with private ip addresses and can access them from outside through firewall. The default website has the ip address of the nic the other 2 have virtual ip addresses, The problem is i cant access them from the actual webserver they are running on by name or ip address. It makes life difficult for testing. Does anyone know how to fix this,

Thanks

Claire

Take a look at the error page that comes up. REad it and make comments about it here. Ot could be the rights (permission) on the folders you have your websites, it could be a DNS problem...its better to know what the error says first.
A+, MCP, CCNA
marbinpr@hotmail.com

"I just know that I know nothing"
Socrates (469-399 B.C.E.)

I have a similar problem and posted today, were you able to solve it? if so can you please reply to my thread. thanks! Java Rocks

Hi

I think it gets confused by what it is as it has virtual addresses. Basically we test now from other machines and do this by fooling the proxy server dns settings using the host file to reference the different websites. Hope this helps

Claire

did you take a look at the routing table of your sever?
USe the route command, and take a look at what should happen if the server needs to route a request from those virtual IP address. If the server does not have anything related to those, just modify the routing table by adding routes. A+, MCP, CCNA
marbinpr@hotmail.com

"I just know that I know nothing"
Socrates (469-399 B.C.E.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back