Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIS Support for PHP

Status
Not open for further replies.

natwod

Programmer
Nov 21, 2002
US
I have windows XP Corp. with IIS installed, and I have gotten .asp scripts to work fine, right clicking in the IIS window and clicking on "browse", which opened the page up normally in Internet Explorer,

but when I tried the same with some simple .php scripts I was working with, I.E. opened up and depending on the page either: 1. Displayed some of the code for the page, or
2. Displayed ablolutely nothing.

Is there something I need to do to get IIS to support PHP?
Thanks in advance for any comments!

Natwod

I didn't install PHP, I simply am trying to view some web pages offline using Microsoft's Internet Information Server for Windows XP. Is there something I need to do to install PHP? There isn't for ASP; I just use IIS to open an ASP Web Page.
Natwod

IIS does not include PHP support out of the box, you need to download it and add it (free). Create a test file called PHPTEST.PHP in the IIS directory:

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

Browse out via IE to the file (via http). If you get PHP installation specs, you have PHP installed and working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back