Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIS stops serving ASP pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

ppynrde

Programmer
Sep 11, 2001
GB
I am running IIS on a clustered win2K environment with the virtual directory sitting on a clustered drive. Every so often, IIS stops serving ASP pages although html pages still serve perfectly well. If I restart the IIS service, the icons in the Internet Services Manager change to stop signs and the Appication Event log begins to log events with an ID of 101 stating that 'The server was unable to access the virtual root xxxx due to the following error: The system cannot find the path specified. The data is the error code'. Does anyone know whether IIS stops serving ASP pages from a virtual root if for some reason the path is lost due to some sort of network error. If this isn't the case, if anyone has any ohther ideas it would be great as I am fresh out!

Thanks in advance

Rich

yes, perhaps, if you are connecting to a database make sure your are closing your connections in your asp pages.
next in iis change on the home directory your application protection to scripts and executables and set it high isolated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back