Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIS Statistics from asp

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttrinh

MIS
Jan 21, 2002
AU
Hi

How can I retrieve performance details from the from the IIS Server via ASP page ?
I would like to represent some statistics details to my superiors. Types of information I am after are
is IIS available?
how long to load particular pages ?
how long to process queries ? maybe

Is what I'm after possible to do even?
Any input appreciated

Check out MSDN. I didn't have a chance to look it up for you, but I think there was something like that in either the ASP examples or list of IIS functions.

Hi ttrinh,
Give internetSeer.com a try (it's free). It gives you real time alert on server downtime. Also, provide stats on connect time. I use it extensively to monitor my servers. Frankly it is very useful and I won't mind paying a few bucks for it ... but the last time I checked with them (I just wanted to show my appreciated), they came back with a pretty BIG number, so I sticked to using it for free ...

If you want to do it the hardway, you need to make use of the perfmon object (provided that you have access to that object) ...

regards,
- Joseph ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Visit --> for (Replica) Watches, Pen, Handbags, Hats, Jerseys and more ... at prices that makes your code spin ...
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

shadyness,
I checked out msdn and the closest I get to what I'm after is the Autodump feature I am in the process of trialling it out although It looks complex

fhlee
does internetSeer work behind a proxy/firewall?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back