Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIS Problems..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeem

Technical User
Aug 20, 2004
GB
Hi,

I have setup a new website in IIS, selected a folder for it and set it to port 8080.

I have opened the ports on the router and set a rule to forward incomming traffic on that port to the Web Servers IP.

When I or anyone outside the network tries to access it..It says page cannot be displayed.

Anyone have any ideas or guides on how to make sure its all set up correctly with a router.

Thanks

Damon

Does your IIS machine itself have a firewall? If so you'll have to make the ports on that firewall are open to the internet.

Robert Bentley

SynergyworksHosting.co.uk
"reliable services at realistic prices

It seems to be working for outsiders now, but I cannot view it from inside the lan..

Is there anyway that I can view it as a as they do, rather than
Regards

Damon

If you've bound the IP address in IIS to your external IP you won't be able to view it via as they'll resolve locally. You should have no problems viewing it from the LAN IP address however if your trying to view it from the WAN ip address it may not work. Some routers support this form of loopback, some dont.

Robert Bentley

The website is bound to its own local network server address 192.168.0.2

All request to that port are forwarded to that address so i thought it might work for inside the lan aswell.

When you say access it from the IP... do you mean the WAP ip your external users, use?

Robert Bentley

* WAP = WAN, SORRY!!

Robert Bentley

Me and my duff keyboard skills :S

If your trying to access it using the WAN (internet) ip that your external users would its either going to WORK or FAIL. There are no "settings" you can change. Some routers support this form of loopback, some don't. If its not working - yours doesn't.

Robert Bentley

ok no worries

Cheers for the support!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back