Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIS Pool Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mighty

Programmer
Feb 22, 2001
US
Hi Guys,

I am having a problem with IIS and it seems to be related to a pool. I have two sites on a server and each one has a dedicated pool. I have the pool set to automatically recycle at 4 times during the day.

However, the server hangs intermittently and I have to manually recycle one of the pools. This always fixes the problem.

Is there anything that I can do to find out what is causing the server to hang?

Mighty

I don't know why it would be the code. I have just recently changed servers from an NT server to a win 2003 server. I haven't modified any of the code - don't know why there would be problems!!

Mighty

All a pool is, is a group of resources that are dedicated to the websites that are assigned to it. Has the load to the site increased? If all you are doing is recycling the pool then it just sounds like there is a leak somewhere in the code. Look at the w3wp.exe processes, see if one is taking up alot of memory or processor time.

There are two w3wp.exe processes running. One is using about 13,200K and the other is using about 18,000K of Mem usage. The CPU usage is 00 is both cases.

Have you used the IIS crash tools that you suggested in your first post. Where are the log files stored and does it create log files even if the website itself is not set up to store logfiles.

Mighty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back