Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIS + php problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGarfield

IS-IT--Management
Jul 31, 2003
BE
Hi all,

I recantly installed php 4.3.5 on IIS wich is on windows XP professional with service pack 1.

I created a website in php (a few months ago) on another machine and uploaded this website to the web. It works fine.

now on this pc wich is a new one I wanne change a few stuff on that website. So I download it completely so I can work localy on this website.

When I click in my menu of my website (wich is now on localhost) All works fine. If I click the the next item. its still ok. but after I click the 3th item I get a message Invalid Directory. From then on I may refresh as much as I want. I always get this message. I even can go back to index and click another item. I get Invalid directory.

If I close IE and start it up agian it works again for 3 thimes. (if I click the same menuitem 3 times I get the same error.)

what could be the problem here?

It works elsewhere so it's most likely an IIS configuration error or PHP configuration error.

can anybody help me?

best regards.

tank you,

(>" "<)
(='o'=)
-(,,)-(,,)------------------------------
LORD_GARFIELD
---------------------------------------

nevermind I found the problem.

tank you,

(>" "<)
(='o'=)
LORD_GARFIELD

Mind if I know what was the problem? now I installed php 4.3.5 on my own box with iis 5.0 but it happens that my iis got stroke and doesn't work at all

hi,

All I needed to do is:
Open configuration panel
System administartion
IIS
go to the default websites properties
press the basic tab and press the configure button

(you will get a list off all extensions available)
press the .php extention and choose edit

check the box wich sais verrify is file excist.

(this was translated from dutch so it won't be the exact words windows uses.)

greets.

tank you,

(>" "<)
(='o'=)
LORD_GARFIELD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back