Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIS Permission Change Disables JavaScript Calendar.. Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordBass

MIS
Jun 20, 2002
US
Greetings all. I've got a JavaScript calendar on an ASP implemented from this example:
The calendar worked fine until I implemented a separate JavaScript that shows the username of the machine's logged on user that accesses the page. For that script to work, it requires removing 'anonymous access' to the folder containing the ASP.

Since changing that permission, the calendar will pop up when its icon is pressed, but clicking a date no longer closes the calendar or fills in the date in its date box. The popup calendar just stays open.

Any suggestions on a remedy for this? Should I implement a different calendar?

Any direction is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

I'll update myself..

Something else changed, because now I can't get the above calendar example to work at all on a test ASP (simply says 'error'), whereas at least on the 'non-anonymous' pages the calendar launches, allows switching of days, years. Just can't click and have the calendar fill in the date.

Now I'm even more confused. :(

I'll keep pickin' at it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back