Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIS or web.config - How to use virtual path based on port number?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fletchsod

Programmer
Dec 16, 2002
I'm trying to get this to work teh same way as Apache does. Here what I does is ...

--snip--
c:/website/testcase1/c:/website/testcase1/secure/default2.aspx
--snip--

I want the "www" directory to work in port 80 and "secure" directory to work in port 443.

So, when I type " (or " it would automatically use port 80 and use the "www" directory.

Again, when the " (or " it would automatically use port 443 and use the "secure" directory.

I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to do it with web.config?

I welcome some help as this is a bit confusing in IIS.

Thanks...

That's a nice article. Thanks for providing the link...

After seeing lack of responses and lack of documentation, it get me thinking that this whole this isn't very common as Microsoft had claimed. (Microsoft claimed that most people are using IIS and Microsoft claimed it to be as easy as ABC).

So, I have been seriously thinking of migrating the website to Apache while keeping the ASP.NET source code intact. Apache makes things so easy for a more experience users and I get tired of doing all of the IIS's GUI thing only to forget when I come back later. The GUI seem to be a bit of a overhead if you have a lot of configuration there. With Apache, I can do lots of things with all of the features in the httpd.conf than I can with IIS. So, I have been seriously thinking of migrating the website to Apache to save me the trouble in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back