Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIS logs with less 1 hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightWatcher

Programmer
Jul 8, 2001
GB
Hello everybody.
Does anyone knows why IIS keeps on logging everything with less one hour?
Let's say that now is 03:00, and I do some action just for it to be logged, then when I go to the logs it shows there, but with 02:00 in the time, what is going on? The time on the server is OK, so how can I solve this?

Thank you.

NightWatcher

Never heard any of those terms, maybe it's just my ears..
I'm in the UK, since 1999, and all I know is that over here is GMT.. Where can I check Windows for those things?

Thanks.

NightWatcher

Double-click on the time in the lower right. Mine says GMT-5:00 in time zone but my host IIS GMT log shows 4 hours later because I'm on Easter Daylight Time so GMT - 5 + 1 equals 4 hours difference. At 22:30 my IIS logs shows 2:30 tomorrow.

Very well, mine says: (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time : Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London and is set to automatically adjust clock..

So why is my IIS logs with less one hour?

NightWatcher

Do set your clocks forward one hour in the spring and back on hour in the fall? That is what the adjust means. However, the ISS logs may be recording at absolute GMT, no Daylight Savings Time adjustment.

If I set my clock forward 1 hour, then everything else would have the wrong times in the logs, FTP server, rendering server, Peer to Peer hub server, all operates from the same machine, not to mention the system time, that would be wrong, event viewer and all that.. I find it very strange that IIS is doing this in the first place, it looks to me as if IIS is not looking at the system time zone at all, but somewhere else..

Does anyone wants to get his hands dirty on this one?

NightWatcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back