Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIS logs with less 1 hour. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightWatcher

Programmer
Jul 8, 2001
GB
Hello everybody.
Does anyone knows why IIS keeps on logging everything with less one hour?
Let's say that now is 03:00, and I do some action just for it to be logged, then when I go to the logs it shows there, but with 02:00 in the time, what is going on? The time on the server is OK, so how can I solve this?

Thank you.

NightWatcher

IIS depends on the next request to come in for logging the results of the current request. If you do not have any activity between IIS and the client browser for a while, IIS will wait until a "connection time out" and then log the results.IIS calculates the time-taken based on the staring time of the request and the time when the logging is performed - MICROSOFT knowledge base

there is this problem with w3c log file format.
A fix for this might be available with microsoft.if u find it do inform me also
Kapil

Technical Director
Infovalley Interwebspiders Pvt. Ltd.
Microsoft Certified System Engineer
visit
If u find the information provided here useful to u then let me know by clicking on the link below s-)

Thank you.
You were the first guy that come close to answer the dawm question: "WHY?"..
But still what intrigues me, is that IIS logs everything with exactly one hour less, is my time-out one hour long? I don't think so.. It's not much of a problem, all I have to do, is add one hour, when I'm reviewing the logs, but still, I would prefer if it could be the right time.. I even thought of a virus or some kind of hack..

Another question, is there any way to change the default dir for the logs, like W3SVC1 / W3SVC2 / W3SVC3 etc..? I would prefer if it could be the web site name for example..

I'll research the matter further and inform you of any substancial finding.

Thank you.

NightWatcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back