Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIS Fails to Connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ostuni

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2001
US
we have iis4 on an nt4 (sp6) box that runs a fp web (our intranet) that has chugged along for YEARS... all of a sudden, folks can't hit the web, and i notice that iis does not come up. error = "error connecting to (the web name) - the data is invalid"...

the web is there, folders/files look intact, and server otherwise reboots normally....

when i try to connect to the web via fp, error = "there is no server on port 80..."

no changes have been made (that i know of!), and no other obvious external issues would explain why this thing suddenly pooped out...

would be mighty grateful for any help! cheers,

tt

Looks like your IIS is not responding on any request the simplest solution to this problem is to reinstall IIS also tell me if you can access web site on server with \\localhost\sitename??
iis_guru@yahoo.com

i was being lazy and hoping for a faster, easier fix... the iis reinstall did not work, and i also patched up to 6a with no luck... and could not get it up with \\localhost\(sitename) either... anyway, was a tiny intranet, so i moved it to another box and will hope this never happens again.... thanks for the help, and would welcome any last thoughts on the issue? cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back