Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIS Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

ankit0680

Technical User
Sep 26, 2006
US
Hello,
I know this is probably a NEWB questions, but I am confused so any help would be greatly appreciated.
I am working in an environemnt adn I wnat to know standards, we have a domain, adn in our DMZ we have a IIS box that is not on the domain, is thier a way to connect IIS to the domain or is this even un necesary, it is simply a webserver, that sends data into the domain for Biztalk.

Do you mean that you want to join the IIS server that is in the DMZ to the domain that is in the "inside" protected security zone? This would require opening ports in the firewall between the IIS server and the domain controller. his requires several LDAP ports, kerberos, RPC, SMB for file sharing, among others. Since webservers are a main target for hackers I'd leave it out there in the DMZ.

Although as stated above it can be done, I'd recomend against this action due to security reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back