Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIS Configuration 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

stu78

Programmer
May 29, 2002
GB
Hi,

I am new to IIS... & am trying to see the web servers configuration. I know Iplanet / apache etc. does any body know where IIS stores it's configuration information?

Any help appreciated.
Stu

Just open IIS.. right click on the website.. choose properties.. and voila.. u'll find the stuff in there.

:)

T

Yep, thanks T. Found that, also found the PC's registry ( I'm more familar with Unix than NT ). Is there any other place such information would be stored?

Thanks,
Stu

U're welcome jo90... I wouldn't mess with the registry since there's a GUI for u to work with. MS products, IMO, are not as robust as Unix's and the last thing you'd want to do is endangering urself. :)

Also keep in mind that IIS behaves very weird from time to time and be prepared to be baffled by it's weird behavior. Avoid using MS's Lockdown utility as it will sometimes render IIS unusable.

Good luck.

T

Hi,

I know it is a kinda chance to mess with the NT registry, esp., when my experience is UNIX, however I am getting one entry in this Confiruration Wizard - when installing an agent on to IIS, it is giving the incorrect IP address to point to. It says currently configured to : 1.1.1.1 ( which is the incorrect IP address ), I've ran the wizard several times peach time putting in the correct IP address, however it keeps coming back to this one.... any ideas on how to stop this?
Jo

IIS will only show IP addresses that u've bind to your NIC (& the option of "all unassigned"). So make sure u have the ip addresses entered correctly on ur NIC.

Good luck.

T

Thanks all, problem solved - missing dll file...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back