Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIS Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicBoomBand

Technical User
Jun 4, 2004
GB
I have seen and read other posts regarding this, but I can't seem to work this out.

I am working on Windows XP Proffesional with VB6 and SP5 but I keep receiving 'Internet Information Server or Peer Web Services version 3.0 or later must be installed to run WebClasses'.

Anybody got any ideas/fixes for this error.

Thank you in advance.

Andrew Chamberlain
National Grid

Can you just confirm that you do actually have IIS installed and running on your workstation?

Funny you should mention that. I happened to check that 2 hours after I first received the fault. No I didn't have it installed.

However, I have tried installing it since then via Add/Remove but it can't seem to find staxmem.dl_ on my disk, when clearly it is there.

Any more thoughts?

Andrew Chamberlain
National Grid

'tis a bug

There are several potential resolutions. The simplest, which works in most (but not all) situations, is to uninstall SP2, restart PC, then go to Windows Update to pick up a fresh copy of SP2 and install it

Alternatively, if the above does not work, try
And if you are feeling particualrly brave you can also try
esentutl /p %windir%\security\database\secedit.sdb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back