Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIS and exchange installed on a different machines

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwartin

IS-IT--Management
Jun 30, 2003
AO

Could anyone help me
I have installed IIS and exchange server 5.5 on different machines, and I want IIS machine to point to the server where the exchange is installed.

Please How can I configure IIS to solve this problem.

thanks in advance

Kwartin

Why do you want IIS to point to your Exchange server? If you are doing this for something other than OWA, you must be very careful so as not to open a path into your network.

I want to use OWA but I have not installed OWA and IIS on the exchange server machine.

Kwartin

Install OWA on the server running IIS. OWA does not have to go on the Exchange server. In fact, it is preferrable to put it on a server in the DMZ of your firewall if you can (and have a firewall person who can help you work out the issues - it's not hard, I just don't know how to set it up :)).

Anyway, putting OWA on a separate server improves security.

Bob

Thank you for your help

My OWA is working I had some problems with the Users Rights
Now its all working.

But at the moment its taking some time to open

Our IIS and Exchange server are two seperate machine. If we upgrade Exchange server to a new hardware with exact site name and organization name, do we have to re-install Outlook Web Access on IIS server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back