Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIS And Active Directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrpib

IS-IT--Management
Dec 27, 2001
Hi,

I have a web server using IIS 5 in our DMZ that an outside client would like to have a site hosted on. They prefer to use their DMZ AD server for authentication. Currently, there are no AD servers in our DMZ. How should I configure the client's site to use their AD server? Do I need to create a local DMZ DC with AD, make a trust to their DMZ AD server, and edit authentication to theirs?

mrpib

Well if you create your machine as the DC and theirs as the child then I would assume on yours initially there would be no authentication then one you sync with their AD as a child you would pull in their authentication correct? As long as there is only just their authentication it 'should' work.

If you do it that way let me know how it goes ...im definetly interested in hearing if that works.
Micah...

Thanks Aeros. Looks like we're going to have it hosted elsewhere. Would have been a good project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back