Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIS 6.0 setup issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

cschock

IS-IT--Management
Sep 30, 2002
US
I am testing a new website and if I put the IP address in IE, I get back a message Directory Listing Denied. That works great. When I type in index.html after the IP address I get the webpage (Homepage). Shouldn't I get that just by typing in the IP address? I am confused and wonder what I am doing wrong here.

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
CS.

The default document name in IIS is default.htm or default.asp If you open the properties of the IIS server in the IIS console and edit the Master Properties for the click the Documents tab and you can set the global default document, or you can do the same operation on the individual site(s) or of course you could rename the homepage to default.htm.

Chris.

Thanks Chris,

I did this once before, but for some reason it did not take and went back to the default settings.

I changed it again and it works!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your help.
CS.

i'm new at iis as well to iis 6.0

i'm having a simular problem this thred worked for me with one exception

now i get an auth prompt

if i enter the admin and pw it loads the page

i need this page to display w/o auth

i have anonymous access is enabled on the site and the web sites dir

any suggestions ??

tia

Status
Not open for further replies.