Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIS 6.0 Authentication issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

davetwooh

Programmer
Feb 16, 2004
US
I'm running a Windows 2003 Server with IIS 6.0, i use SQL Server 2000 for my database. We have a web application written in ASP.Net, as part of our application we have a search screen so that we can search for information in our database. Searches all work great if they are short simple searches. . . but some queries take a long time to return results, and what will happen is IIS will display a Logon window, as if it forgot who you were or something, and asks you to login again, and when you do, nothing happens, it'll either just give you a white screen with no search results, or give you a page not found error 401. Keep in mind, these searches work fine when they only take a few seconds to a minute or two, if they take more than a couple minutes you are almost guaranteed to get this puzzling logon dialog asking you to authenticate again. We are using Windows Authentication in web.config.

Here is the login screen i get presented with,
Anyone have any clue???

Thanks in advance!!

Dave

Forgot to mention, we had this application running on an IIS 5.0 platform before we upgraded oru server, and we never once ran into this problem. Dont knwo why IIS 6.0 is doing this.

THanks

I am having the same problem, did you get it resolved, and if yes, how.
Thank you

Edgar v

Hi,

I did get this once.
Are you sure that Anonymous Access is unchecked and Integrated windows authentication is checked in the directory security for the site.

IIS>Site>Properties>directory security>edit>

Cheers,
j

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A community development project in asp.net -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back