Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIS 5.0 install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 27, 2001
US
I am installing IIS 5 on win 2000 server and I can't install it to a different location. I don't want to install IIS to the operating system partition. By the way, I can install it to a different location with NT/IIS 4.

Thanks

Do you mean "install" or do you mean you don't want the server root to be on drive C: ? If the latter then it's easy to set the server root(s) to be drive D:, E: or wherever using the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) and set the address for the "Home Directory".

As a matter of policy we never have the server root (INETPUB/ on the same disks as the operating system.

I mean change the inetpub directory to drive d:. How would you change it in the mmc? Would it move the current inetpub from drive c: to drive d:? Also, can you change the location of intepub directory during the installation process?

No need to change the location of the inetpub directory during the install. Simply copy inetpub from drive C: to drive D: using windows explorer. Then in the MMC right click the virtual server you want to change - for example teh default web server. Select properties, click the Home Directory tab and you will see the address of the root of the web server in the "Local Path" field. Change c:\inetpub\ to D:\inetpub\Then check the address for any virtual folders (eg, Printers, IISadmin, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back