Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIS 5.0 Cannot run scripts

Status
Not open for further replies.

hegris

Technical User
May 24, 2002
NO
I have tried for a while now to get IIS 5.0 to run scripts
with no luck.

This is the error message I get when I try to run a script with <!--include virtual=&quot;scriptdir/script.cgi--> or
<!--exec cgi=&quot;scriptdir/script.cgi&quot;-->

ERROR MESSAGE:

Cannot process '/scriptdir/script.cgi' due to access denied
Error processing SSI file 'scriptipVizVaz/gethost.cgi'

Do anybody have a solution for this???

hegris

Hi,

have you got execute permissions set to &quot;scripts and executables&quot;? this should only need to be set for the folder with the cgi scripts in.

to check this open internet service mangaer and view the properties for that folder and on the &quot;directory&quot; tab should be the execute permissions option.

Russell

Yes I have set all the script permissions and mappings.
I have set SSIEnableCmdDirective in registry to 1.

It still dosen't work!!

I even tried to give the IUSR_server user account administration rights, bu nothing works.

Upgrade to IIS 6.0 or uninstall or go for Apache?

ok,

Have you used the iis lockdown tool on the server?, i have had this cause me problems with script running, also is the server running the latest service packs?

As for the Apache idea i have heard it is good but if you use asp it's best to stay with IIS.

Russell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back