Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ignoring one part of a variable 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regelos

Programmer
Nov 16, 2005
US
I have a formala that sets it self to multiple values problem is when it is out of scope it gets tagged "Incomplete" wich is what I want. But when I make a chart I dont want to use the incomplete collum is there anyway instead of tagging it Incomplete I can just ignore is when it is out of scope or force it null. Or do you know a way to ignore specific values in charts?

If you use order->specified order for the "on change of" field, you can choose to "discard the others".

-LB

I went where you mentioned and this isnt working for me because I have a variable in my change as and when I goto order I dont get to select my variable only table fields.

What version are you using, and what is the content of your formula? Are you charting in a subreport?

-LB

crystal xi and the formula

if ({@ClockStops}> DateTime (1900,01,01))
then totext(Year ({@ClockStops}),"00") +"/"+totext(Month ({@ClockStops}),"00")
else "Incomplete"

I dont want the incomplete part to show in the graph

You should always show the content of all nested formulas as well. I don't see the variable yet.

-LB

sorry my term is off I ment forumala
clockstarts is
Minimum ({CAPA_BE_8_0.cr_CreatedDate}, {CAPA_BE_8_0.CapaID})

clock stops is
if {@IsCompleted}>0 then Minimum ({CAPA_BE_8_0.cr_CompletedDate}, {CAPA_BE_8_0.TaskName})

Sorry, but now we need the content of {@IsCompleted} and if there are formulas inside of that, those are needed to.

-LB

is completed i

whileprintingrecords;
if({@CompletedCount}>0) then 1 else 0

// Counter to see if is completed
if({TaskName}="CloseRequest") then 1 else 0

First eliminate the "whileprintingrecords" which is unnecessary.

To eliminate the "Incomplete" from the chart, try the following. Go to report->selection formula->group and enter:

sum({@completedcount},{table.taskname}) > 0 and
minimum(({CAPA_BE_8_0.cr_CompletedDate}, {CAPA_BE_8_0.TaskName}) > DateTime (1900,01,01))

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back