Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ignore Parameter Select to get Sum of All

Status
Not open for further replies.

ms1746

MIS
Sep 9, 2003
US
Hi all,

I have looked through most of the posts and don't see anything close to what I am looking for so here goes, I hope you can help.

I have a Crystal 8.5 report on Oracle DB, parameter prompts user for Month/Year they wish to view. Report returns with Adds and Deletes for that specific month for each product...e.g.

Jan 2005 ADDs Deletes Running Total
Product1 5 7 89
Product2 2 0 91
Product3 4 3 92

Most of this is easy enough and I already have it completed, the problem is the last column, Running Total, I need to have a Running total for everything in the table, regardless of the parameter dates selected by the user.

So in the above example 89 would be the last total from Feb 2005 and then the numbers would increase or decrease according to each product add/delete.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Hi, Just so I understand what you want:
You want to sum up values that are not returned to the report?

( I assume that by choosing certain Months/Years only data for those dates are returned).

You may need to return all the data and use the user-entered parameters to supress the display of the dates they did not want to see.

[profile]

You may also have to suppress products that do not have adds or deletes between the user-entered parameters.

Cheers,
-LW

I would use a record selection formula that included the dates you want reflected in your running total, and then create formulas that use your parameters, like:

//{@adds}:
if month({table.date}) = {?Month} and
year({table.date}) = {?Year} then {table.addamt}

Group on {table.product} and then insert summaries (sums) on the formulas and suppress the details. You can use the parameters to conditionally suppress the running total also so that it calculates for earlier months, but displays only for the month of interest:

month({table.date}) <> {?Month} or
year({table.date}) <> {?Year}

-LB

Thanks so much for everyone's help! It is working perfectly now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back