Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ignite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

timjarland

Technical User
Feb 21, 2001
US
Does anyone out there use the Ignite server option to store images of systems to clone? What I'm wondering is how this compares to a "Golden Image" tape? Can software and patches be included in the images on the Ignite server? TIA

When you have multiple server location as I do, having images on disk allows me to do be in one location and Ignite any box on my network with out having to load tape.

And yes you can include software and patches in the image.

Steve

Thanks for the quick response Steve. I'm trying to set up an ignite server right now, and of course, having problems. I'm having to restart creation of a client archive and it won't let me restart until I kill make_sys_image on the client - but I don't see anything like that running on the client box. Any ideas? TIA

If you are using the GUI, in actions you should be able to "Stop Install". and then restart when ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back