Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

iFtpAddU.exe... anyone familiar??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elliott3

Programmer
Sep 5, 2002
CA
iFtpAddU is a utility that comes with ws_ftp server that allows you to add users via asp... I m able to view any users that I have added directly through the server but I am unable to add them through asp...

Though the message i get does say that the user was added... it is not. I am assuming that this is a permission issue but am a little confused as to where to look..

CES

i would check with the vendors documentation/helpforum

[thumbsup2]DreX
aKa - Robert

I've been trying to figure this thing out too......and I think I'm quite close actually. I have installed and registered the ASPEXEC server component on our webserver (which allows you to run Windows/DOS applications through ASP).

With this component, I'm able to use the iFTPAddU.exe file (which allows you to add users from the command line), and enter the parameters for each user. Once it executes, it creates the users folder, as intended.

However, my problem is clear. It appears that the user was created as it created the user folder, but when I open the Server Manager and view the current users, the new user does not show up in the list, and I cant login with the new user's information. It's becoming quite frustrating. I have the permissions tweaked, and everything seems to be working, but I just can't get this thing figured out.

Can anyone offer any help?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back