Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IFS - Integrated File System 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skittle

ISP
Sep 10, 2002
US
I am looking into reading XML data with RPG.
I have been provided with a document called 'XML Interface for RPG maps XML into DB2 UDB for AS/400' but as the introduction states, 'it is not for the faint hearted'.

One of the issues I don't quite get is the source of the XML file. It is given as an example with the following ILE code:-

the classpath to the XML document located on the AS/400 Integrated File System (IFS)

DXmlFile S 90A
INZ('/XMLRPGSample/AddressBook.xml')

I have never come across a file accessed in this way before.
How can I view my 'IFS' directories on my AS400? If I don't have one, how can I create it and put documents into it?

To create a folder called "ALPHABET" in the IFS:
MKDIR ALPHABET

ISeriesCodePoet, many thanks, this looks like a much easier route to get where I want to go.

bobtwigg, thanks for the command info, I can't find a subject that overs related commands on the As400 help. Do you know the collective term for making, removing and managing these directories?

There are a bunch of API's for IFS stuff, but they are all C subproceedures, not RPG, and can be a bit more difficult to use. I think the iSeries Toolkit ( would help out with that.

iSeriesCodePoet
iSeries Programmer/Lawson Software Administrator
[pc2]
See my progress to converting to linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back