Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Iframes in IE 5.0 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albuckj2

Programmer
Jan 7, 2003
GB
I have a strange problem with iframes.

I have the following inside one page, creating 2 iframes:

<table width=&quot;100%&quot;>
<tr>
<td><hr><iframe frameborder=&quot;0&quot; width=&quot;69%&quot; height=&quot;480&quot; id=&quot;preDefinedMain&quot; name=&quot;preDefinedMain&quot; src=&quot;predefined_main.asp&quot;> </td>
<td><hr><iframe frameborder=&quot;0&quot; height=&quot;480&quot; src=&quot;predefined_right.asp&quot; name=&quot;preDefinedRight&quot; scrolling=&quot;NO&quot; noresize></td>
</tr>
</table>

It works in IE 6.0. But in IE 5.0, it shows only the left iframe, and not the right. The same is true for other instances in IE 5 where I have 2 iframes - it only shows one!!
In some places I have read that iframes are supported by IE 3 upwards, and some others IE 4 and upwards. But this is IE 5!! What's going on? Any ideas???

Cheers.

Sorry for the persistence, but has anyone got any idea about this....?????

&quot; The race goes not to those that are fastest, but to those who keep running&quot;.

I had the same problem with IE 5.0? have you tried 5.5? I am not sure whether 5.5 will work since I went straight to 6.0 and do not encounter any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back