Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

iframes causes window scrolling in Internet Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

eharris

Programmer
Mar 13, 2001
Using iframes, I have the following code in a web page:

<td align="right" bgcolor="#e1d5c5" width="681" height="1"><iframe name="iframe1" height="450" width="681" src="pgnviewer/ltpgnviewer.html?games.txt&ParsePgn=2&SetScoreSheet=2" FRAMEBORDER=1 FRAMESPACING=0 MARGINWIDTH=0 MARGINHEIGHT=0 BORDER=0></iframe></td>

Using Firefox the chess viewer displays and runs perfectly. But using Internet Explorer it appears properly, and does function, but each time the viewer is used the entire page scrolls "UP" so that half the viewer dissapears off the screen. Here is a URL for you to see what I mean:

Since it works fine in Firefox I can only assure it is an Explorer issue. Is there a fix to this??

Thanks.

This looks like an issue with the JavaScript PGN viewer.

I am guessing that page is using "#" as a null hyperlink, which is causing IE to jump to the top of the page.

Either way it is the viewer that's causing the issue, so this forum is probably not the best place to be asking.

Well, actually from the research I have done it is an iframes issue. Or, rather, I should say a way that Internet Explorer interfaces with iframes. I become more and more convinced that Firefox is a much superior browser as it always works.

Anyway, I'm hoping there is a fix, or work around. Any help is appreciated.

I become more and more convinced that Firefox is a much superior browser as it always works.

FF is KING!!

IE is a bunch of garbled junk.

[small]"Mom........MEATLOAF!!!! DANG!!!![/small]
<.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back