Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

iframe bg transparent or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubychyld

Programmer
Mar 22, 2001
US
Please, if anyone has an idea....

I want an iframe with background transparent. or some alternative... maybe a div tag that I can load a page into?

is this possible?

thanks for helping,
Liz Catch the vigorous horse of your mind!

It sounds like you are trying to hide the iframe until you decide to display content in it. If this is the case use the 'visibility' style property on the iframe tag to show or hide it...

style='visibility:hidden' ---hides it

style='visibility:visible' ---shows it

Rem:

Netscrap uses 'show' and 'hide' not 'hidden' and 'visible'

No, I'd like to use the background image that the rest of the page uses and have it show through the iframe. Kind of like z-index with layers.

but thanks for the suggestion anyways. Catch the vigorous horse of your mind!

you can set up a div tag and load / switch the contect inside of it so it acts like a iframe but you can have a trasparent bg.
its easy to do in netscape, bit harder in msie.
look at and you can get an idea how to do it.

Well... sounds allright, but what if I have something a little more complicated to write to the layer?

I originally had this - but can't use it because the iframe bg is not transparent - it messes up my design...

<iframe src=&quot;
this asp file writes itself to the browser based on the url parameter... so how would that work if I tried to write it into a div tag.

I'm using IE only.

Thanks, Liz Catch the vigorous horse of your mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back