Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

iframe and flash text links

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheekynorton

Technical User
Jan 21, 2002
GB
I am currently creating a website using iframe - the left menu bar loading all the content into a specified layout cell ("contentframe") within a table.
The menu bar on the left will hold flash text links but when inserting the flash text there are only four possible target options for it to load in to e.g. _parent _self etc. No where can i tell the links to load into the "contentframe".
In the flash code there was no mention of the target so i could not modify that.
Im aware you can name frames and tell the links to load into them but as im using tables and cells this is not possible.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

well in flash go to the geturl and add _targe="contentframe"
youll have to type it in manually. That should target your iframe, if not ill see how i did it a short time ago.

[afro] sigh

Thanks for the reply Deecee.
In Flash - do u mean in the flash code or in the flash program because im using Dreamweaver not flash.
Below is the code in dreamweaver for flash text but nowhere in that code does it specify the target?
Thanks again.

<object classid=&quot;clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000&quot; codebase=&quot; width=&quot;51&quot; height=&quot;19&quot;>
<param name=movie value=&quot;text2.swf&quot;>
<param name=quality value=high>
<param name=&quot;BGCOLOR&quot; value=&quot;#FFCC66&quot;>
<param name=&quot;SCALE&quot; value=&quot;exactfit&quot;>
<embed src=&quot;text2.swf&quot; quality=high pluginspage=&quot; type=&quot;application/x-shockwave-flash&quot; scale=&quot;exactfit&quot; width=&quot;51&quot; height=&quot;19&quot; bgcolor=&quot;#FFCC66&quot;>
</embed>
</object>

handcode into your
Code:
<a href>
tag the target The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
Groucho Marx (1895-1977)

Thanks Cheech
Im pretty new to all this:)
How would I add what you suggested into the following code?
Many thanks!

<tr>
<td height=&quot;40&quot; colspan=&quot;2&quot; valign=&quot;middle&quot; bgcolor=&quot;#FFCC66&quot;>
<div align=&quot;center&quot;><object classid=&quot;clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000&quot; codebase=&quot; width=&quot;51&quot; height=&quot;19&quot;>
<param name=movie value=&quot;text2.swf&quot;>
<param name=quality value=high>
<param name=&quot;BGCOLOR&quot; value=&quot;#FFCC66&quot;>
<param name=&quot;SCALE&quot; value=&quot;exactfit&quot;>
<embed src=&quot;text2.swf&quot; quality=high pluginspage=&quot; type=&quot;application/x-shockwave-flash&quot; scale=&quot;exactfit&quot; width=&quot;51&quot; height=&quot;19&quot; bgcolor=&quot;#FFCC66&quot;>
</embed>
</object></div>
</td>
<td></td>
</tr>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back