Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ifoprint 1125 "900 Serice RIP error"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechnicianOne

Technical User
Dec 20, 2004
US
I know this forum is not for IBM's, but does anyone know what the error "900 Serice RIP error" means? Also, does anyone have or know where I can get a Maintenance Manual for the 1125?.

Much appreciated,
Joe

The infoprint 1125 is the same printer as a Lexmark T522. 900 error usually means the RIP (formatter board) has failed, but can also mean the engine board has failed.

Part# for the engine board is 56P1015, for the RIP board - 56P1192 if you don't have networking on it, 56P1193 if you do.

You could also steal parts from a Lexmark T522, but you can expect it to complain about your tonor carts if you are using the IBM branded products. If you did usethe parts from a T522, your printer would be a T522 there after.

Is 56P1193 part number from IBM? I called and they said it was the CTL Card. Is that what it is called?

They may be refering to it as a Controller Board instead of RIP or Formating. That is the IBM part number.

Thanks,

When I went to order the part they said it could work for 1120 or 1125.

Thanks again, if I have problems again I will write back. Also, do you know where I can buy the 1125 Service Manual? It seems hat no one has it.

techwrtr2,

Can you re-send item again? Exchange Server has been down all week.

Thanks

I replaced the engine board and RIP card. Now I get a 902 Error code which means, "Replace Engine Board".

Do I have to do something after I install the engine board?

I ordered the 56P1005 engine board, but the guy I bought it from sent me a 99A2155. It looks the same but it still is not working.

Ok

I find out that the Part# for the engine board - 56P1015 is for the 1120.
The 1125 Engine board is 56P1005

The RIP board is 56P1192 if you don't have networking on it. (works for 1120 or 1125)

After getting the correct Engine Board, everything ran great.

I got another printer with same problem and it seems that you should order the engine board first, cause the Controller Board costs about 400 dollars :(

live and learn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back