Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ifmember returns error

Status
Not open for further replies.

vluu

Technical User
Nov 17, 2000
US
Hi Everyone,

I am having a strange problem that just recently popped-up.

I have a simple login script that has been used for years. Recently, user's would not get all they mappings because an error would occur while the login script runs. These error are specifically related to "IFMEMBER", please see attachment for screenshots.

This error is not affecting all users and the number of groups they belong to vary, and not related to there PCs because they have tried logging on to diffrent PCs. The server is fine running latest service packs. I also tested by creating some test accounts and the login scripts runs fine for them. I am beginning to believe it could be account related but not 100% sure. Anybody's help would be appreciated.

This is what I found from MS KB, which does not help because user's with much more groups do not have a problem.

Thanks!

Sorry guys the attachment did not work...anyhow here is the error i am getting when the login script runs:

ifmember: GetTokenInformation failed. Error code returned by system was 122

When I type "net helpmsg 122" I get this:

The data area passed to a system call is too small.

Any help would be appreciated as I am stumped!

Wow..i am surprised no one else ever experienced this problem...I searched all the net and have found nothing.

Anybody???

ifmember is fairly outdated, given that many, if not most, complex login scripts use vbscript instead. There is a wealth of info here on vbscript, including using it in login scripts.

Pat Richard MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back