Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ifgxtray.exe and hkcmd.exe error message

Status
Not open for further replies.

nctechno

Technical User
Sep 10, 2005
US
Running XP-Pro on a system and keep getting this two errors at boot up. "ifgxtray.exe and hkcmd.exe failed to load."

When to a website with instructions to create a notepad file to make the corrections but didnot work on XP. Any ideas how to correct this without reloading the OS? Thanks.

I have had this issue and reloading Intel video drivers has fixed it in most cases.
DippNCope

Actually the system comes with an On-board VGA controller, the Intel one. But have installed an ATI PCI graphics card which is what is being used. On devise manager, an error came up saying a drivers was not installed. So when I used the mainboard's driver's CD and installed those drivers is when those errors started showing up at boot up. The PCI graphics card installed and works just fine. No biggie. I re installed the OS and every thing but the Intel drivers and the system is working just fine, minus the error messages but still with a "need drivers" on the On-Board controller.

Look in the BIOS, and see if you can turn off the onboard video...

if you can then that nagging "Need Drivers" message will disappear...

Ben

"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."

Thanks, I did that but didn't work. It still asked for the drivers. I found a "fix" on line, when ahead and performed the fix but didn't work. Come to find out the fix was for Win98, 2000 and Millenium but not for XP home or pro. crappola!

Can you Disable the Intel Graphics via Device Manager?

ifgxtray.exe and hkcmd.exe failed to load." - also comes from the AUTOSTART ramps...

take a look at CCleaner, there under tools you will find the Autostart entries...

PS: please can you tell us what mainboard you have...

Ben

"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back